Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Thoughts of 3/14/06

-- What is it about the coffee shop that makes me be able to get so much more work done than usual? Seriously, I could spend 10 hours in my office and still not get as much done as two hours in Java Jacks.

I'm beginning to think that there is some cosmic force that surrounds the average non-starbucks coffee shop that allows people to increase their productivity. Then again, maybe it's just the caffeine. :) Take a look at the setup I had going today.

And yes, that's 24 ounces of Iced Mocha baby! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!


-- David Crowder is a funny guy! I mean, I knew he was a great worship leader, but he is genuinely funny. I started reading Praise Habit today. I was laughing so hard that people were staring at me. Then the words Crowder wrote stung right to my heart. Great stuff. Can't wait to finish this one!

-- Melissa picked up her wedding dress, shoes, jewelery, and veil today!

-- I love it when paychecks come a day early.

-- Why do people feel the need to create their own speed limits on two-lane roads? If the speed limit posted is 70, please don't make it 45!

-- A family in one of the stores I visited today was arguing with each other. The teen girl (in a mini skirt and crop top) told her father that it was cold outside because "I'm not wearing enough to keep warm." I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at that. Her father just yelled at her that she was whining. I wished she lived in my town so I could invite her to group.

--See above. Sometimes, I have to fight this feeling that I am able to change the whole world. I get a little bit of success (numbers, kids coming to Christ, etc.) and I think that I'm super-youthpastor. I have to put that away and focus on those around me. Only one guy could save the whole world and he had to die to do it.

No comments: