Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Have Found The Man

There are a lot of people out in the world who claim to be tough. Ever since getting into martial arts two years ago, I love seeing people who have no idea how to fight. Well, I've heard the story of a man who absolutely knows how to fight, and wins the award for the "toughest man I've ever heard of."

Saturday night, Rich Franklin was defending his UFC Middleweight title against David Loiseau. Into the second round, Franklin starts shaking his hand. During the break, he tells his corner guy "My hand hurts a little." A LITTLE???? It required surgery! But wait, it gets better. The corner guy tells him "Don't worry about the pain." Now I've only broken one bone in my body one time. And I cried every night for a week! (Of course, I was 7) This guys goes out with a broken hand and immediately throws punches with it! You've got to be kidding me!

The fight goes 25 minutes, 15 of it with the broken hand. He also has a broken foot. Total domination! I thank God that he is a Christian man, because I would want nothing to do with him in a dark alley. I love the front of his website Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

This puts a whole new meaning to me of Colossians 3:23

No comments: