Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Creatures of Habit

It amazes me how much we can be creatures of habit.  Today, I did my typical Wednesday ritual -- A trip to the local Mexican restaurant.  As soon as I walked in, the waitress asked me, "The usual?"  Without missing a beat, I agreed to it.  No menu.  Nothing.  I knew what was good and I went for it.  

The problem was, my table was occupied.  MY TABLE!!  I paused for a second when I realized that I was actually bothered by that.  ( I couldn"t believe what I was thinking.  It's a table in a crowded restaurant.  But then again, I have sat there with my bible, the Wednesday night lesson, my palm pilot playing mp3s, fajitas, and Dr. Pepper (rice, no beans) for a long time now.  

We are creatures of habit.  As seen on the bar to the right, I'm reading Praise Habit by David Crowder now.  Odd fellow, but very insightful.  Just as he said, I have been finding God in really odd things lately.  Like my fajita thoughts from earlier this month.  Yesterday, I was able to get out of the office and find a coffee shop.  Just the ability to relax, read the Word, and focus on Him was much needed.  God is everywhere, I just hope I can slow down my mind enough to know it.  

No comments: