Thursday, October 27, 2005

Beacon Article November 2005

Every month, my church publishes one of those typical church newsletters. The silly person in me tries to make my part of it just a little bit different than my SP's article (who gets twice the space by the way :-p). Anyway, check it out.

Let's face it. I'm jealous of video game characters. Now before everyone starts thinking that I'm in need of a long sleeve jacket complete with buckles in the back, I'll explain.

You see, when I was little, video games had just started to really capture the marketplace of entertainment in America. I had the latest system each time they came out. The one thing that everyone who plays video games understands is the eternal value of the wonderful creation called

The RESET button.

You know it. Every game system has it, or at least the ability to turn the system off and try again later. So you're racing the Daytona 500 and Little E puts you in the wall... RESET. You're fighting the Battle of the Bulge over again and you're about to run out of health... RESET. Super Bowl not going your way? RESET.

And so I stop to think, “If only life had a RESET button.” But wait. Maybe it does. God supplied our lives with a RESET button.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17

No matter what we've done in the past, it is all taken away the moment that we accept Christ! It's a total do-over in God's eyes. Or better yet... Sin got you down and you don't think you can get out? RESET. “Go and sin no more.”

Bro. D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's why I like those Staple's commercials so much -- the ones with the "easy button."