Sunday, October 08, 2006

NYWC Day 4 Post 1

Well, we're coming down to the end of the convention. The funny thing is, right away I need to tell myself the exact same things that I would tell the students at the end of summer camp or a mission trip. Beware of the mountain top experience. God has been showing me some great things this week. Now it's time to avoid the same pitfall that every youth goes through, making sure that I live out the things I've learned and professed to this weekend.

Coming from a conservative Baptist perspective, the greatest thing for me this week was to immerse myself in the emergent worship items they had all week. So today, I worked up the nerve and took time to take care of my soul in the Labryinth. What a wonderful idea! It was such a great way to start out the day and remind me to eliminate the distractions in my life.

Focus. That's the name of the game. With three jobs, sometimes that is going to be difficult, but that's what I'm called to do. It's time to take the steps to manage myself, so that I can effectively be a great youth pastor while being a great taekwondo teacher at the same time. Just takes planning.

To my brothers and sisters in Christ that I met this week and have been hanging out with, thank you for taking time to get to know this shy and crazy youth guy from East Texas.

To Marko, thanks for the exposure, the affirmation that my perspective matters, a wonderful convention, and great slap upside the head (literally and figuratively). :) Words cannot begin to express my gratitude for all that I have learned this week.

No comments: