Friday, October 06, 2006

NYWC Day 2 Post 3

Wow. What a day. It's been a long day, but a very good one. Here's what's been going on.

First off, I had a chance to meet Marko today. Very nice guy. There are just some people that when you meet them, you just know automatically that they are authentic about their faith. That's one of them. Just wish I could grow hair like that.

I knew that the theme of Reveal was going to be getting me all weekend, but I didn't know how quickly God was going to get a hold of me and tell me things. Authenticity is a big thing with me. I need to take steps to make sure that 1) I am living an authentic lifestyle of Christ-following and 2) I instill that same lifestyle into the youth that God has trusted me with.

If you are here at the convention, and you haven't done the One Life Experience yet, skip a seminar and go do it. Absolutely moving, powerful, and gut-wrenching. I won't ruin it for anyone, but let me say this. When I went for the hand stamp, I actually cried at the result. Especially when nobody from the other side came.

I think one of the greatest things about this convention is realizing that I'm not alone. Living and working in small towns, I sometimes get the feeling that I am the only one who cares that these students are hurting and need the love of Jesus. So I go out there and do all I can with the time that I have between taekwondo teaching, after school, all the office work, music work, starting my family, and caring for my wife. Then I wonder why I've been getting so tired.

I know that God has put me in ministry and continues to give me His strength each day to face the challenges. Today, I looked around at the crowd and realized that I am not the only one. There's 2500 or so other people here who love students like I do and want to see them grow up with an authentic life in Jesus. As we all prayed and lifted our hands while Mike Pilavachi asked us to clear ourselves of cynicism, I knew I'm not the only person here tired and worn out. I am not alone. We all share the same struggles. We understand each other.

Looking forward to the YMX meet tomorrow.

Bag count = 1 Sea World bag filled to the brim. It's now retired and all free stuff from exhibit hall now goes into bag #2

Tic Longhorn. I like it.

Only David Crowder can stop a worship song, crack a joke, and then keep himself and the congregation engaged with the Holy Spirit. You have to live in the Spirit for that to work.

Kudos to the Jesus Painter for playing through pain.

Jared Hall, great as always.

No comments: