Friday, April 21, 2006

Stormy Weather, stormy day.

It's about to storm here real soon. I've always had a love/hate relationship with thunderstorms. When I was little, I was very scared of them, but at the same time, I loved to see them. I'm still that way. I get a little nervous, but I love to stay up and watch them roll by. So it's 1am and I'm sitting at the computer.

Today, I had to make a trip to the eye doctor long before my scheduled yearly appointment. This past week, I haven't been able to keep my right eye from believing that my contact lens was not something trying to destroy my body. It's been getting redder than my face after reading that Derek Lee is out for 10-12 weeks.

After a while, you just get used to the way you look. So, when something changes, it takes you for a ride for a while. That's how I've been while having to wear my glasses around all week. But thankfully, there is nothing seriously wrong with my eyes. Except that the wonderful, beautiful pine trees of the Sabine National Forest have got my immune system on super overload.

So here I sit, counting the time between the lightning and the thunder. This should be a good one.

No comments: