Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Letting Out the Cat

Dumbledore said in Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone "It's a complete secret, so naturally, everybody knows." Well, today I had to let the worst kept secret out. I leaving my church at the end of May.

It was one of the hardest things that I've ever had to do. I'm still really trying to take it all in. As much as I love the idea of getting married, it still hurts to leave these wonderful kids that I've spent the last two years with. My biggest hope is that they will continue to build their ministry just as hard as they have been while I have been here.

To any students who are reading this: Thank you for two awesome years as your youth pastor. Keep letting the Spirit roll you to greater things!

Pray for me as I look toward the future, and look for a new church to call home.

No comments: