Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ouch

Wow. I'm only two chapters into When Bad Christians Happen to Good People by Dave Burchett, and already my backside is beginning to hurt. I can tell that this is going to be one challenging, wonderful, face smacking read.

Recently, I heard of a church who had a guest come in that was less than desirable. Apparantly, one of the "leaders" greeted this person with a request to "dress better or not return." :(

I won't mention the church because I can't completely verify that this happened, but I have seen more than my share of this in my 21 years in the faith. It saddens me when I see the hospital of sinners I proclaim become a nursing home for tired saints who don't want to heal people any longer.

So, I'm going to pick this back up tomorrow and let the author challeng me even more. In the mean time, Dr. Daron is off to read up on some Biblical anatomy.

No comments: