Thursday, April 20, 2006

Blogging Psalm 8

Psalm 8

Every once in a while, I am completely taken back by the incredibly awesome Creator that our God is. He is an absolute artist. Everything that we can see was created by Him and for His glory! What a wonderful thought that is!

In fifth grade, I was sure I was going to be an astronaut. I used to go out with a little el cheapo telescope and check out every star I could find. I even spent time after school with the Young Astronaut Club (go ahead and laugh). It only took one time in the gyroscope at Kennedy Space Center to realize that I wasn't going to be making the Space Program. However, I did retain my love for God's Creation.

Every once in a while, I like to just look up at the stars in the huge Texas sky. I like to try to name off all the constellations and the major stars. I used to be much better at it. After reading this psalm and looking outside, it took on a strange new meaning.

In Revelation, John says that Jesus held the stars in his right hand. Just a few verses later, Jesus uses the same right hand to comfort John. Check that out. The same hand that holds the stars in the sky can hold me, too!

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him? (v. 3-4)

The same God that created the universe cares for us in ways we can't possibly imagine!

No comments: