Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An Interesting Decision

This is going to turn out to be very insteresting, I belive. Last week, I went to the school campus for what I thought was going to an easy trip to meet the principal of the school in the town I had just started serving before heading to lunch in the cafeteria with the students in my ministry. Turns out, the school has a closed door policy to all groups so that no one can question who gets let in and who doesn't. Not my favorite idea, but I respect the decision. At least the superintendant is fair about it.

So yesterday, I get a call from the same school asking if Mel or I would like to come after school once a week and teach taekwondo for the after school program. Since I have the more flexible schedule and can be away from the do-jahng better than her, it seems like a natural fit for me to do it. Maybe this will give me the door into the school that I couldn't get as a youth pastor. Looks like ministry and martial arts can combine.

No comments: