Thursday, September 28, 2006

How We're Seen

Lately, I've been really into wondering how the non-believing world percieves things and people identified with the term "Christian." Many times, the term is percieved automatically as negative because of the many negative things that have been done or said in the name of Christ over the past 2000 years. I came across this photo essay today about Christian rock concerts and festivals. At first I was taken back by how anti-Christian this person was, until I realized that this was how she understood the Christian culture. So I'm glad that she had the honesty to tell how she felt about these pictures. I think it gives a great insight into how the world sees Christian music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Dan Kimball puts it well when he says people are cool with Jesus, but they're not cool with Christians. Apparently most of us don't model the kind of wwlife Christ did.

Daron Bilyeu said...

That's exactly it. My only worry is how far is too far when talking about trying to distance ourselves from that past. I'm not too proud of it, but it's still there and part of my history as a Christ follower.